Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Common Core the new curriculum

As we were given a new curriculum last year we had to adapt and figure out ways to still teach to our fullest potential and at the same time meet our expectations for our Evaluations during observations. Part of our goals are to teach the content and be held responsible for the material to be taught... What better way than to display the objectives for the lessons daily and be responsible for teaching them.  This can be used to help remind yourself to ask at the end of the day "What did you learn about.....?"   


First I bought 6 frames from the Dollar store! :)

Next I opened a word document and found cute prints on Google Images.
Open the image, copy and paste into your document.

If it has goofy edges crop them out in the Picture format tab.
I made my margins 0" YES IT WILL LET YOU I promise! It works.
You can then easily click on the circles of the image on the edges and drag to fit the page.
Next I went to Insert.. and then clicked Text box (Draw NEW text box)
Drew and sized it to what I wanted and typed away!


I did this for each one and just changed the back ground simply by clicking on it delete button then copy and paste the new image and repeated above steps. 

I hope this year I will be able to truly hit all the objective the students are to learn :)
~Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment